Sunday 7 December 2014

Gingerbread Men Nail Art



Happy Sunday Lacquer Lovers! Following through on the Christmas themed nail art again :P I just love it when months have a major holiday that you can base your nail art themes around for a considerable period of time, it provides so much inspiration, and improves your spirit for that holiday.

For my nail art today, I bring you cute little Gingerbread Men on a polka dot background.

First off as you always should when starting a new nail art, or just painting your nails I used a base coat on my nails to protect the natural nail from staining.
Next I painted the nails on each hand alternately with OPI Fashion a Bow (red orange) and Essie Mojito Madness (green) and then used a dotting tool to create polka dots of the opposite color on each nail which I then allowed to dry completely.

Next I took a narrow paint brush and painted on the shapes of the Gingerbread Men in Essie Sand Tropez with a layer of Essie Mochacino to give them a "baked" kind of look.  I then used kiss nail art black paint to outline all the Ginger Bread Men.

For the accents on the Gingerbread men I used Sally Hansen White On for their facial details and then used the colors I had for the background to give them all a button and a bow, and then finally top coated with a quick dry top coat to seal in the nail art and prevent smooshin :P .

Well that's all for today guys! Hope you enjoyed my little Gingies, and I hope that you come back again tomorrow to see what else I have in store!


Jenn 


No comments:

Post a Comment