Friday 5 April 2013

House Stark Nails

So yesterday I started a chain reaction within myself of wanting to do all the houses (whether I like them or not :/)  I started yesterday with House Targaryen nails which I was very happy with, however I tend to get really antsy and want to do new manis all the time. I'm sure you can understand. Well I figured I would start with a house I very much like House Stark.  Here is a little walk through for how I went about it.





First I painted all nails except my ring finger on both hands with Essie Chinchilly.  I had to use three coats per nail to get the perfect coverage I was lookinng for. I then painted both ring fingers with Revlon Spirit. Just like that I have my base for this manicure.




Next I used a triangular make up sponge and Revlon Spirit to sponge a white tip onto all the gray nails. I only sponged on to the bottom 1/3 of the nail and made sure I still had lots of gray visible. I allowed it to dry fully, as next I was stamping.






For stamping I used my Konad stamper and scraper set as pictured in previous tutorials and Bundle Monster plate 323. The color I used was Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Celeb City. I stamped the snowflake image onto all of the grey nails on each hand. If you aren't sure about stamping, I am going to be putting up a tutorial for stamping success tomorrow so no worries.




Next I used a triangular make up brush, and Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Showgirl Chic (which btw was a present from my best friend :P) to gently sponge the tips of the grey stamped nails to give them some icy sparkle.


I then used Essie Chinchilly, Revlon Spirit, and Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in black out to paint an impromptu Dire wolf on my ring fingers. Any fellow GOT fans should know this is the sigil of House Stark. House Starks banners are also a gray Dire wolf rampant on a field of white. I used a fine tipped nail art brush  that came in my Bundle Monster set. This is my first time painting a very small scale animal, so personally I think I did PRETTY well haha.





Then all I did was to add a little flavor to the thumbs by printing "King in the North" on them with the same fine tipped nail art brush as I painted the Dire wolf with. Of course I then went over it all with Seche Vite dry fast top coat. I would have to say I am pleased :) Hope you enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!!



1 comment:

  1. Love theemmmm :) great job as always !


    THE KING IN THE NORTH!

    ReplyDelete