Friday 29 March 2013

Watermelon Nails

Hey guys, so I purchased a new Essie polish called Miami Nice, and to me it screamed WATERMELON NAILS! So naturally I listened to the polish and decided to go with that. Here are the results and a walk through of what I did to achieve them :)
I love this product Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle. I purchased it because  few days ago I cut my middle nail (luckily not my finger!) with a chefs knife while making yummy stew. I have only been using it for a few days and already I see results with the growth, so I make a habit now to use it with every manicure. I put a drop on each nail and rub it into the nail and nail bed until completely absorbed.





These are the top/ base coats I am going to be using. The right most is my base coat by Revlon, which I will now apply one coat to each nail. It is quick dry so it takes a negligible amount of time to dry. About as long as it takes to paint all your nails and then recap the polish :P  The topcoats are a Multi care base and top coat by Revlon, and Nutra Nail speed dry topcoat which is an excellent top coat as well. Quick dry top coats are a must for me because I do so much with my hands.

I will be using these three polishes. Miami Nice by Essie, Green with Envy by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear, and Black Out by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear.


I will also be using this leaf green striping tape.





First I apply two to three coats of Essie Miami Nice to my whole nail bed and allow to dry completely.




Next with an appropriately sized nail art brush, or tooth pick they work just as well in a pinch. I used Black Out by Sally Hansen to paint a seed pattern on the top 2/3rds portion of my nails on both hands.  I would usually photograph both hands and make a composite, but as I mentioned earlier my middle nail on the other hand got jacked up cooking so I didn't want to photograph an uneven mani :)





Next I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Green with Envy and paint the lower 1/3rd portion of the nail. You can feel free to use tape to guide you I free handed it this time and it turned out well. With this particular polish it is highly pigmented so I only needed one coat. If you use a different polish you may need to adjust the amount of coats based on it's pigmentation/ coverage.




And Lastly I applied the green striping tape at the top of the green portion dividing it and the pink portion. I then apply two coats of Nutra Nail quick dry top coat and allow to dry. I love the way it turned out, and I hope that you will give it a go, and enjoy it just as much! Thanks for reading guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment