Sunday 31 March 2013

Cracked Neon Nails Tutorial

Hey all, so I did this mani a month or so back and it was really well received, so I figured I would do a tutorial on the products, and method I used to achieve this particular look. Here goes!


 First I applied Revlon Top Speed Fast dry nail enamel in spirit to the whole nail bed. I applied two coats to each nail to make sure there was nice even coverage for a base. Please excuse the mess around the cuticles, it will be there until I clean up :P




For my neon look the colors I used for this particular mani are Wet N Wild Glowstick by Fergie, China Glaze Sun worshiper, Revlon Optimistic, and Essie Where's my chauffeur. I painted each color into a four space grid on each nail. Don't worry if it's a little messy you won't be able to tell, just do your best to not overlap colors too much and cover up all the whiteness underneath.  You can apply more than one coat if you have a particularly low pigment polish for this mani.





The next step I take is to use Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Ink Splatter pictured above and paint a thin to medium layer over the entire nail bed and allow to crackle. Make sure to shake the bottle well, and not paint too thick a layer so that the crackle formula works to it's best potential.





Then all you have to do is use an appropriately sized manicure clean up brush and clean around the cuticles and anywhere you may have gotten excess polish, and apply a top coat. I used my favorite top coat pictured above Seche Vite. I recently purchased this top coat in a nail art set which I will also be reviewing later today or tomorrow. I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial, and give it a try. You don't have to use these polishes in particular it would look equally amazing with almost any bright color so give it a go, I'm sure it will turn out great! Thanks for popping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment